At All Kids 1st learning Academy, we create an environment and plan activities that support the rapid development of infants.
Our teachers provide a caring, nurturing atmosphere where children feel secure to explore the environment. Our beautiful, bright classroom provides a stimulating atmosphere where our infants observe different cultures and learn new vocabulary, all at their eye level! Our teacher has been in the infant class for over nine years; she is kind, loving, and ensures the highest quality of care for our youngest learners.
Gross Motor Development
- Infants need to move, stretch, wiggle, turn over, push up, pull up, and walk. The role of our teacher is to support, challenge, and encourage these emerging large muscle skills.
- The teacher supports large muscle activities such as holding up their head, waving their arms, and kicking their legs.
- The centerpiece of our room is the soft play-mat area, which is ideal for learning to crawl and tummy time!
- We believe infants should be exposed to as much language as possible to support emerging language skills. Our teacher is talking all the time, describing what they are doing, what is happening next, and repeating what the infants “say”.
- Teachers sing traditional songs and nursery rhymes throughout the day, during diaper changes, and while children are playing.
- Children are read to individually, with a focus on books with large images that stimulate visual recognition and build vocabulary.
Clean, Sanitary Environment
- Our squeaky-clean classroom is maintained at all times. We have a full-time cleaning person on staff who ensures that high sanitation standards are met (we even vacuum the walls!)
- Shoe covers are required to be worn to go into the classroom to ensure clean, hygienic floors. We provide this best practice in order to reduce the entrance of outside dirt and grime into our classroom. After all, your child will be crawling around all day.
- We pride ourselves on providing the best area for your child to play, grow, and learn!
- Infants acquire and process information in a variety of ways using their five senses: sight, sound, touch, taste, and smell. Our teachers plan activities to promote these cognitive processes and support the development of our youngest learners.
- A variety of materials are provided for infants to grasp, shake, and pull apart.
- Our teachers teach the infants about concepts such as gravity, object permanence, and cause and effect, all by engaging in activities like stacking blocks, playing peek a boo, and mixing paint colors!
Premium, Individualized Care
- Our infant classroom is designed to conform to the needs of each individual child. The teacher will greet you each morning and ask you for updates on your child’s morning routine.
- Our infants are fed according to their own schedule; infants are held while they are bottle fed.
- Each feeding and diaper change is noted your child’s daily report, which will be delivered to your email inbox as soon as your child is checked out!
- Our teachers also send you pictures throughout the day, straight to your smartphone, so that you never feel that you are far from your little one.
Ready to Get Started?
Please use our online Enrollment form to register your child to our Infant Program. If you have other questions, give us a call at 210-822-7777 for assistance.